Qompendium is an evolving and ever-changing platform for philosophy, art, culture and science, represented by a series of print publications: magazines, books and monographs. Furthermore, it is enriched by a gallery concept, a work shop and a fast-moving online portal.
1. The goal of a fanzine shouldn’t be commercial.
2. Have your own ideas.
3. Get an excellent team.
4. Produce a first issue without compromises.
5. Promote the first issue.
6. Gain credibility within your target group.
7. Produce a second issue.
8. Again: own ideas – no compromises – promote it – gain more credibility.
9. Develop your distribution network.
10. Become a reference in your field, but stay humble.
By Mike Koedinger, Publisher at Maison Moderne